Irving, TX – March 8, 2010 – EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ: EFJI) announced today that it will showcase the new AMBE +2 1.6 vocoder at the International Wireless Communications Expo (IWCE) March 10 – 12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The AMBE+2 1.6 vocoder was adopted by the Project 25 (P25) steering committee in 2009 as the new standard P25 vocoder replacing both the IMBE and the AMBE+2 1.4 vocoders.
“This next generation vocoder offers a significant improvement in voice clarity in the presence of background noise such as a firefighter’s Personal Alert Safety System (PASS) alarm,” said Michael Jalbert, president and chief executive officer of EF Johnson Technologies, Inc. “This has been a key topic of discussion within the fire community, and our initial field test results have revealed a very noticeable improvement in audio clarity. Firefighter safety is paramount when a PASS alarm is sounding, and clearly understanding the firefighter’s transmission is a matter of first responder safety.”
“We are proud to be the industry leader in implementing the highest quality voice software algorithms in our radios. Since we were the first manufacturer to implement the original AMBE+2 1.4 vocoder in our product line, we are excited to once again lead the industry to be first to implement the AMBE +2 1.6 across our ES Series portable and mobile radio products as well. The company expects to offer the new vocoder for general release this year,” Jalbert added.
IWCE attendees will be able to “Hear the Difference” the AMBE +2 1.6 makes to improve first responder safety at the company’s booth.
In addition, the company’s industry experts will be presenting at six speaking engagements:
- Project 25 201 as part of IWCE’s College of Technology on Monday, March 8, 2010 from 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM, presenter is David Lukeson, director, systems business unit.
- Migrating Legacy Systems on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 from 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM, presenter is David Lukeson, director, systems business unit.
- Digital Radios for Firefighters: The Impact of New Technology on Wednesday, March 10, 2010 from 4:30 PM to 5:45 PM, presenter is John Suzuki, senior vice president, sales.
- General Session: Status of the Industry Roundtable on Thursday, March 11, 2010 from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM, presenter is Ed Kelly, vice president, marketing and business development.
- P25 Phase II – Why Should You Care? on Thursday, March 11, 2010 from 10:00 AM to 11:10 AM, presenter is Ed Kelly, vice president, marketing and business development.
- When Will P25 Radios Really Be Interchangeable Between Manufacturers? on Thursday, March 11, 2010 from 11:15 AM to 12:30 PM, presenter is Ed Kelly, vice president, marketing and business development.